Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tomorrow and Friday I go to the memorial and funeral of an 8 year old. Dear Jesus help. I met this family thru the nonprofit that I volunteer for. The last few days I have thought to myself, I didn't sign up for this pain. I signed up to be around pregnant mamas and babies, to help young, underprivileged mothers learn how to birth and take care of their children, to doula for those who can't afford it otherwise. Not to get attached to families and then loose them. This hurts too much.

But I'm thankful for the time I've had with them. And the future I hope to still have with them. I hope to somehow ease their pain, even if in the slightest way. Altho I don't know how anyone can ease the pain of the loss of a child. God it hurts. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that they're going through.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry Kris. But you must continue to soldier on for your clients and continue to do your work. I believe it is the path you were meant to travel, for good or bad, in happy times and sad times. Kind of like a marriage.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing I can say.

    ReplyDelete