Friday, August 21, 2009

we're in!

Well, we've made it into the house, and hopefully tonight will be the very last load from the old house. I can not believe how much different this move has been than our others. In 13 years of marriage, we have moved plenty of times, but this has by far taken the longest, and been the hardest. We're on day 7 now I think. My poor husband is beat. The thing is, we have gone thru stuff and gone thru and gone thru. So it's not like we are hording. I don't get it.

The house is up for sale, and here's hoping. I have had dreams about people looking at it. It does need some work, but maybe one of those people who flip homes will buy it.

Anyhoo, just wanted to give you a quick update. We're here and things are moving along. So far the the kids are loving their new rooms. My family kept saying that Sis wouldn't sleep in her room alone, but she couldn't wait to get into bed and stayed there all night:)

Having a slight issue w/ the basement, but they are dealing w/ it, so I'm trying not to complain. It is something that should have been taken care of b4 we got into the house tho........but anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Once your other home is sold, will you be able to buy the one you are in now? I assume you are renting it? So glad you guys have some more elbow room!! As to the unpacking, isn't amazing how much stuff we acquire? I dread moving out of my current house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, there will never be an option to buy this one, but that was not what we were looking for. we are just so tired of being home owners. we're ready to let someone else take on the work and financial responsibility of all that comes w/ owning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a hoarder, and I've been in my house 32 years, so you can imagine what it's like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, so much has happened since I haven't been around in so long... good luck with the new home and the new start - and this new place. My boys also liked to share for many years, at least until they were teenagers and my daughter always had her own place; well they're all married now and all having to share and I have my place all to myself... hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I didn't know you moved! Congrats!

    By the way, you tell me on facebook you have a new blog, then don't give me the blog address! I had to hunt you down girl.

    I hope all is well with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was bad enough having to empty the kitchen cupboards when we had a new kitchen fitted, I shudder to think how much stuff has been 'accumulated' in the rest of the house! Good luck with the unpacking and settling-in

    ReplyDelete